Click on the picture, below the waving flags on the left and right, to see relevant photo's of the individual countries and trips throughout the years!



Thursday, December 5, 2013

Flat tire again in the desert!

Day 32 (402 km)


             I decided today to change my sprockets and chain, I been tightening up the last 4 weeks and there was hardly any teeth left on the sprocket, found a mechanic in San Rafael and 2 hours later all was done and we were ready to make another 500 km 

  2 hours later passed through Mendoza, filled up with gas to make another 200 km to San Juan in 35 degrees C. The landscape, we drove through was dry, empty and a straight line and the mountains kept on our left side.

   Then of course about 75 km before I had another flat tire, a thorn penetrated my tire and punctured my pneumatic tire. This was I believe flat tire number 13 against Scotty none!



   Anyway, a local guy helped me with carrying the whole wheel to a Gomeria, 5 km down the road and 2 ours later, I was ready to go again and reached San Juan late in the evening and called a day and it was too hot to go any further and was burned out of all the mishaps today.



No comments:

Post a Comment